Saturday, January 28, 2017

Blogging - Let the Fun Begin!

Why Blog? 
I’ve thought a lot about doing a blog before because I really enjoy writing and I really enjoy teaching, but that wasn’t the motivation I was looking for. I was unsure of what I could really offer to the ever-growing blogosphere. After some closer examination and encouragement from other people, I realized that a lot of people have said in the past they benefited from something I had written or said that was unique or said clearer than others had explained it before. That was enough for me. If I can teach and write and help others learn, then why would I hold back? I hope this helps at least one other person.

   

How It’ll All Go Down 
Consistency has never been my strong suit, so a daily blog is out of the question. So I’ve decide to limit it to at least a weekly/bi-weekly blog. Not on what I want to talk about, but whatever you want to talk about on the things of faith and life, how to integrate spirituality into one’s daily life, how to come to a deeper understanding of who Christ is, how to discern, what are the teachings of the Church, social doctrine, what are my experiences and what have they taught me about the world and how it all relates back to Jesus and His Church. If you have any questions that you think would be interesting for me to cover, feel free to leave them in the comment box below or feel free to message me. 


Disclaimer 
What I am writing are my own thoughts and these thoughts are coming from a 30 year old religious brother who has lived on only a small section of planet earth from 1986 until present. I grew up a Catholic white male in Maryland and have moved around quite a bit ever since college, but am currently residing in Detroit. What this means is that I have a limited point of view. I haven’t experienced all that life has to offer and so I don’t know everything about everything nor everyone. My answers will be limited just as my experience is limited. I want to try to answer all questions in the context of the Church’s teachings and stay true to them as best as I know how, because while I may be only 30 years old, the Church has been around all over the world a lot longer, so sticking to her teachings expands and universalizes my knowledge over a larger span of time and places than I would ever be able to on my own. If I am wrong in anything I have said, I defer to the teachings of the Church and her judgment. I apologize ahead of time for any mistakes I may make and for any generalizations that don’t ring true to your experience. I will try to be clear when I am making a generalization and when I am trying to be more specific. Also know that there are experts, theologians, philosophers, scholars, and researchers who know a lot more than I do, and they are worth consulting or researching. There’s no need to take what I say as the ultimate authority. What I write is only a proposal, an invitation, to see things the way I see the Catholic Church proposes its teachings. I do not want to impose my beliefs on anyone or to say that it is the only way to see things. These are just the best answers I have come up with. If anyone disagrees with what I have said or finds an error in anything I have said, please point it out. I will try to correct any errors as quickly as possible. I thank you for your patience and I hope you enjoy the ride as much as I do.

3 comments:

  1. This is great and I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice articles and very informative facts. No one produces these types of pieces of information. It's like a professional learning Blog Must be recommended for Beginners. Tech Mahedi

    Thank You

    ReplyDelete